Monday 14 April 2014

MELBOURNE MY LOVE.

Melbourne was to die for. Literally one of my all time favourite places of all time. If I don't end up living in New York I wan't to live in Melbourne or Sydney. On the plane tri pthere I ate a toasted sandwich and read the latest issue of YEN magazine. We arrived at our hotel and I loved the view we had. It was all the building tops and the streets below. I was inlove already. That afternoon we visited our cousin Geoffrey, went out to Mexican and visited the St Kilda Markets.

The next day we woke up at maybe 9:00 or ten, went and had breakfast at a cafe in a nearby lane. I probably ordered a boiled egg on avacado toast but I can't remember exactly. For my dads birthday (him being a massive James Bond fan) we got him tickets to the James Bond exhibition in Melbourne (this being the main reason we went to melbourne.) When we got there it was sos cute to see how excited dad was and he really loved looking at the bond cars. I really loved learining about the Bond Girls and seeing all of the amazing dresses they wore. Sadly I wasn't able to take any photos :( 

We also went and looked at all of the street art! It was amazing and it was nice to see such free and not confined art. Melbourne has really urban street art that reflects their artsy youth. I personally love all types of graffiti so it was really nice to just wander around in streets and streets of it. After spending most of our day wandering around and taking photos of the never ending art Belle and I set off to look at the local shopping centre who's name slips my mind. We got about 10 metres in the door when we saw a cute stall of vintage denim, leather and cute shoes. The store girls were super duper sweet and although I didn't buy anything, Belle bought a cute pair of dark blue high waisted ripped boyfriend jeans. 

That day we were meant to go and have lunch on a tram but we couldn't get a taxi, so we missed it. We were all really disappointed but Belle (my sister) and I didn't want it do bum our day so when mum and dad went back to the hotel room we ventured around. We ordered some crepes and went and sat oustide the State Library of Melbourne and just talked. I really loved just sitting outside the library and taking in the city. When we got back to the hotel room I really wanted to check out the rooftop pool. We went up and I swam for a little until my parents came to tell me we were heading off soon for dinner. That night we went out to a pizza place in Lygon Street for dinner and went home and had an early night.







The next day (Saturday) we went to the outskirts of central Melbourne to visit the American Apparel store there. We went in and were swarmed by neon colours and animal prints, along with super cute denim and crop shirts. It was like heaven. I saw a plaid skirt that i had had my eye on for quite some time and grabbed a fuzzy crop to try on with it. It was really nice but my sister ended up buying it. After that we went to a super big Antique store that mum and dad were at. It was seriously massive and full of really cute little knick-knacks. I saw a super 8 camera that I wanted to get but I decided I wouldn't use it as much i would like, and it would be hard to find film and a place to get the film developed. We found really cite bra/top things that were very 60's/70's that made our chests look much bigger haha ;) One reminded me of something Cher from Clueless would wear. After that I had the best massage of my life and grabbed some fried rice to eat on the way home.




My seconds last day in Melbourne was by far my favourite. The whole fam-bam went to the local Art Gallery where they had "Spectacular" the music video exhibition! Ahh it was truly spectacular (no pun intended ;) When you first walked in there was a giant screen playing some of the first music videos ever made and there was a large neon light with the word "Spectacular" on it. It was a really large exhibition that took a few hourse to get through! It had videos from Kanye West to artists I had never heard of before! I loved it and it was one of the best exhibitions I had ever been to. After we had seen the exhibition we went out for lunch with my super lovely Uncle Bill and his (as equally lovely) wife whom I had never met before. It was really nice to catch up with them. 








On the last day we slept in and headed to the airport. It was a sad day leaving Melbourne. I hope to be back soon. x x x 

-Kate.

1 comment:

  1. Melbourne is such a lovely city! these photos are ace!

    http://paisla.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete