Saturday 5 April 2014

Quite a while ago..

I have tried to start this blog post many many times and ended up deleting it everytime. I changed sites that I was using and even the font size. I really wanted to post my photos from past holidays and the outfits I wore and what I did etc.. but never knew what to say exactly. So I decided to just go for it because its better to not overthink it (that plan went out the window 3 tries ago but oh well.) So here goes nothing and please expect spelling errors.

I went to Tasmania November 2013, so much has changed since then (including my style) and one of the memories that stands out to me most about this place was how damn cold it was. I was freezing. My family was doing a roadtrip in a hired car all around. I remember this one day we went to this amazing beach. I remember i was just so blown away by the spectacular white sand and crystal blue water. It was crazy. Mum had wanted us to go there to look at The Bay of Fires which is some rocks at the side of the beach that had orange prints all over them.


On another occasion a few days later I believe, we went to the Salamenca Markets. I was wearing a pair of blue jeans a white singlet and a maroon jumper. Please remember my style has changed.. alot. Luckily while we were at the markets i came across a denim jacket that little did I know would change my life. It was $22.00 and i thought that was pretty good. It was a good, slightly larger fit that looked amazing. I gave the store holder my money and off I went. I saw some really cool pairs of shoes, really nice genuine leather bags (which i bought for $24.00 eee) and I bought some fairy floss to eat. I think I might've actually gotten two fairy floss sticks oops.





The same day after the markets i got changed into a skirt as my outfit didn't exactly go with my new denim jacket. So I got changed and my family wandered around the city. We got handed a card with the address of a vinyl store and decided to go check it out. We were given the card by an old lady who had a market stall of old cd's and records. When she noticed out eagerness for the records she had she gave us the card and told us we'd have a wider variety if we went down the road a bit. So we did and it was really good. I was going to buy a Tame Impala vinyl but it was more expensive than I had imagined it would be so left it. (I actually own there album 'Elephant' on Vinyl now for a lot cheaper price than the shop we bought it on, due to the fact we bought it online.) After we has looked up and down the racks at the vinyl store we went to a bookshop a few doors down. It was really nice and it was a nice getaway from the cold (It had been a bit of a bad idea to wear a skirt.) I ordered a green tea and truthfully, it was the most disgusting tea I have ever tasted. I don't know what it was because I adore green tea and drink it on a daily basis but something was different and it didn't exactly tickle my fancy. I looked around at some books and it was really nice.
The overly priced vinyl.


The bag I bought.
The really gross green tea.


I think it was the day after we went to this really cute cottage in and it was such a great experience because when we arrived it was pouring rain and we had to run into this really cute little house right on the beach and it was literally just so great. When the rain had stopped my sister and I ran down to the beach. The beach had really white sand and the water was so clear. We took heaps of pictures until dusk had passed and we were left with the dark night sky. When we got back I had a shower and hopped into bed. I think it was the first time we had recieved wifi the whole trip so I blogged for a while and then fell into a deep sleep in my super comfy bed. ps: i was wearing my new denim jacket.



On one of the days where we had nothing planned we decided to go to MoMA, The Museum of Modern Art. To get to the museum you had to catch an interesting boat (grey camouflage with white cow sculptures in various different places onboard) to get there. When on board I admired all of the art and doodles on the walls. I ordered a hot chocolate and it was really yummy. When I went to the bathroom the walls were also very interesting and I liked it. Overall I really enjoyed MoMA. It was really big and underground though which I think made my head hurt a bit. It had so many different varieties of things from massive sculptures so rooms with fluffy hot pink carpet and Ipads everywhere. 






On our very last day in Tasmania we went to a 2 story vintage house and it was amazing. It had so many nice pieces of jewellery and vintage Dr martens. I found a really nice fur jacket that looks like the jacket from one of my favourite photos on tumblr (ill post a photo below) and there were heaps of record players that my dad wanted to buy. The only reason we didn't was due to the fact that we had no room to store it in for when we flew back to sydney. 




After the short plane trip back spent listening to music and writing in my diary I was glad to be back home. I really loved Tasmania but I don't think much compares to Sydney.

Much Love,
Kate.

No comments:

Post a Comment